STUDENTSThe 5Essentials Student Survey may be completed by students in grades 4–12, but the grades participating may vary by partner. The student survey is available in both English and Spanish. Students with disabilities may also participate and should be provided with the necessary accommodations, such as having the survey read aloud, or being given extra time as needed.
TEACHERSThe 5Essentials Teacher Survey is to be completed by anyone whose primary responsibility involves teaching students during the school day for the majority of the school year.
The following staff members are eligible to participate in the 5Essentials Teacher Survey:
- Self-contained and subject-specific classroom teachers
- Instructional coaches and subject matter specialists
- Teacher aides, paraprofessionals, and CCTs (cooperating classroom teachers)
- Special education teachers working in a single classroom or across classrooms
- Counselors, librarians, and other staff members who teach students
Staff members who are ineligible to take the survey are:
- Substitute teachers
- Student teachers
- Principals, Assistant Principals, Superintendents or other administrators who do not otherwise teach students