The 5Essentials Student Survey may be completed by students in grades 4–12, but the grades participating may vary by partner. The student survey is available in both English and Spanish. Students with disabilities may also participate and should be provided with the necessary accommodations, such as having the survey read aloud, or being given extra time as needed.
The 5Essentials Teacher Survey is to be completed by anyone whose primary responsibility involves teaching students during the school day for the majority of the school year, as well as individuals in the positions listed below.
Individuals in the following positions should be on your roster and are eligible to take the survey:
- Case Managers, Counselors and Social Workers
- Instructional Coaches
- Reading Specialists
- Special Education Teachers working in a single classroom or across classrooms
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Teacher Aides, Paraprofessionals, and CCTs (Cooperating Classroom Teachers)
- Special Education Classroom Assistants
The following positions are ineligible to participate in the survey:
- Principals, Assistant Principals and Superintendents
- Student Teachers
- Substitute Teachers
- Nurse, Security, Lunch Room or Front Office Staff