Student & Teacher Roster Removals
Principals and school admins can now request deletions and/or transfers to another school for students and teachers within the roster section of the Survey Admin Dashboard.
All requests for deletions or transfers will be reviewed by a member of the UChicago Impact Team. Please
allow 7-10 business days for processing.
To DELETE a student or teacher:
- Access your rosters by clicking the "Rosters" button in the Survey Admin Dashboard. Choose your school and you will be taken to your roster.
- Select the checkbox by the student's ID or teacher's name, then click the "Request deletion…" button that appears above the roster table.
- You will then need to select a reason for the deletion and confirm your submission by again clicking the "Request deletion" button.
- The reasons for deletion of a student are: No longer enrolled at the school; Unable to engage with survey content due to learning capacity; Parental opt-out.
- The reasons for deletion of a teacher are: No longer employed at this school; Nurse, Security, Lunch Room or Front Office Staff; Leave of Absence.
- If using the reason, “Nurse, Security, Lunch Room or Front Office Staff,“ please list the staff member’s position in the comments, otherwise the change will be rejected. To review the list of positions that are eligible to take the survey click here.
- There is an optional text box, where you can leave a comment if more context is needed for the request.
Note: If deleting more than one (1) student or teacher within a request, the "reason for deletion" chosen needs to be same for all. Different reasons for deletion need to be handled in subsequent requests.
To TRANSFER a student or teacher to a different school:
- Access your rosters by clicking the "rosters" button in the Survey admin dashboard. Choose your school and you will be taken to your roster
- Select the checkbox by the student's ID or teacher's name, then click the "Request transfer…" button that appears above the roster table.
- You will then need to type in the first few letters of the transfer school and select it from the drop-down menu that appears. Then you will confirm your submission by again clicking the "Request transfer" button.
- You can only transfer students and/or teachers to other participating schools.
Note: If transferring more than one (1) student or teacher, the transfer school chosen must be the same for all. Different transfer schools need to be handled in subsequent requests.
Additional Information on Transfers:
If the teacher has transferred to another school within the district, select teacher(s) that need to be moved and click the “request transfer…” button after. If a teacher has transferred out of the district, please submit a deletion request as those teachers will have different email addresses.
Only one transfer school will be allowed per request; therefore, if you need to transfer multiple roster entries to multiple schools, additional transfer requests will be required. For example, you have six (6) students that need to be transferred; however, four (4) attend Smith HS and two (2) attend Jones HS. You will need to make a request to move the four (4) students to Smith HS and a subsequent request to move the two (2) students to Jones.